Our Worship Services
“…a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.””John 4:23-24
In this one passage, we learn worship must be
- Directed to God
- Prompted by the right spirit
- Done according to His Word (John 17:17)
When you worship with us you will find these actions based on what we learn from the Bible:
- Teaching and preaching (Acts 2:42; 20:7).
- Praying (Acts 2:42, I Corinthians 14:15; 1 Thessalonians 5:17).
- Giving. This is done cheerfully but not expected of our visitors. (2 Corinthians 16:2)
- Singing. One of the things which people most frequently notice is that we sing without the use of mechanical instruments of music.
- The Lord’s Supper. This memorial is inaugurated by Jesus Christ on the night of his betrayal (Matthew 26:26-28). It is observed by Christians in memory of the Lord’s death (I Corinthians 10:24-25) and in the communion of his blood and body (I Corinthians 10:16). Members of the church of Christ observe the Lord’s Supper on the first day of every week. Such a pattern is set by this New Testament example: “And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached to them.” (Acts 20:7).