After much prayer, consideration, and discussion, the elders have made the decision to cancel all meetings through the end of March. The situation will be reevaluated in early April. In the meantime, we want to continue our worship and service to God as much as possible. Here are the ways we will attempt to do so.
- We will be offering a live stream with a sermon, a communion thought, and a prayer via Facebook Live and a call-in phone line if you aren’t familiar with Facebook. This will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Sundays
- The Facebook Live stream will be available on the Forney church of Christ Facebook page and will be shared to the group as well. We hope you’ll join live, but it will be available afterward, as well.
- The call-in number is 346-248-7799. The access code is 653-738-037#
It will not be toll-free, so be sure to call from a cell phone to avoid long distance charges.
- The sermon will also be recorded and uploaded to the church website’s “Sermons” page.
- Some have asked about gathering with a few others at home. Our high risk members are encouraged to stay at home and avoid contact. However, if you are not in that category and would like to coordinate an in-home gathering with a few others to watch the stream and worship together, please feel free to do so.
- The Lord’s Supper
- As mentioned, a brief thought will be shared on the live stream/conference call.
- We have a number of individually packaged wafer/juice combos available. To pick some up, contact Jack at 720-301-9776.
- Making or buying your own communion bread and buying some grape juice is an option, as well.
- We understand that these are tough times for some. However, if you are able we hope you’ll remember to share your contribution. You can do so either by mail – PO Box 245 Forney, TX 75126 – by dropping it off, or by having it picked up. (Call Jack to schedule a time for drop off/pick up.)
- We’re working to set up an online giving option. Once that information is available we’ll share it.
Wednesday Night Study
- Wednesday night studies will be conducted at 6 pm via Zoom (an interactive video chat software). We’ll post the link in the church Facebook group. Let us know if you would like it emailed to you.
- We’re hoping to have devotional sheets available in the near future for personal or family study. Email Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to be on the list to receive them.
- A church family prayer list is given at the bottom of this page. Please use it as a guide each day.
- Jack will also be doing occasional devotional videos on Facebook Live and will share them to the church Facebook group.
- If you need groceries or medicines picked up, or if you need help in any way, please contact one of the elders or Jack. We want to make sure our own are taken care of during this time.
- Please remember to pray for the world, our government, and our church at this time.
Anita Adams (shut-in)
Charlotte Adams (shut-in)
Mike & Angelique Briscoe
Henry & Pat Bunting
Ernest & Lisa Burton
Kenneth & Francis Carpenter
David, Juanita, David Gabriel and Elijah Cortez
Justin & Kasey Davis
Eric, Lauren, Jaxton and Jagger Diaz
Clarence & Flecia Doggan (+ Julius, TJ)
Will & Nakia Duncan
Charles, Nikki Foreman
Mike & Jeanette Kirksey
Ernie & Delores Lawton
Edwin Martinez & family
Perry & Mary Moore
James & Janice Parsons
Charles & Lynda Walker
Jack, Allison, & Gloria Wilkie
Arvel & Jerry Woodward (shut-in)