Forney church of Christ
After much prayer, consideration, and discussion, the elders have made the decision to cancel all meetings through the end of March. The situation will be reevaluated in early April. In the meantime, we want to continue our worship and service to God as much as possible. Here are the ways we will attempt to do so.
- We will be offering a live stream with a sermon, a communion thought, and a prayer via Facebook Live and a call-in phone line if you aren’t familiar with Facebook. This will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Sundays
- The Facebook Live stream will be available on the Forney church of Christ Facebook page and will be shared to the group as well. We hope you’ll join live, but it will be available afterward, as well.
- The call-in number and pin will be available ASAP.
- The sermon will also be recorded and uploaded to the church website’s “Sermons” page.
- Some have asked about gathering with a few others at home. Our high risk members are encouraged to stay at home, but for any others, small, in-home gatherings to watch and worship together are encouraged if you would like to coordinate them.
- The Lord’s Supper
- As mentioned, a brief thought will be shared on the live stream/conference call.
- We have a number of individually packaged wafer/juice combos available. To pick some up, contact Jack at 720-301-9776.
- Making or buying your own communion bread and buying some grape juice is an option, as well. (Recipe for homemade available here.)
- We understand that these are tough times for some. However, if you are able we hope you’ll remember to share your contribution. You can do so either by mail, by dropping it off, or by having it picked up. (Call Jack to schedule a time for drop off/pick up.)
- The mailing address is PO Box 245 Forney, TX 75126USA
- We’re working to set up an online giving option. Once that information is available we’ll share it.
Wednesday Night Study
- Wednesday night studies will be conducted at 6 pm via Zoom (an interactive video chat software). We’ll post the link in the church Facebook group. Let us know if you would like to have it emailed to you.
- We’re hoping to have devotional sheets available in the near future for personal or family study. Email Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to be on the list to receive them.
- A church family prayer list is given below, providing a schedule by which we can keep our church family in our thoughts and prayers.
- Jack will also be doing occasional devotional videos on Facebook Live and will share them to the church group.
- If you need groceries or medicines picked up, or if you need help in any way, please contact one of the elders or Jack. We want to make sure our own are taken care of during this time.
- Please remember to pray for the world, our government, and our church at this time.