Forney church of Christ
Coronavirus Update: May 2
As restrictions begin to lift, here is our plan for the time being.
- Beginning May 3, we will be conducting a drive-in worship at the church building parking lot. Worship will be at 10:30, but we encourage you to arrive early. We’ll have men with gloves and masks at the entrance to direct you where to park and hand out an envelope for contribution along with a communion packet upon entering. They will collect your envelope and the empty communion cups afterward.
- We will still be offering a live stream of the sermon via Facebook Live and a call-in phone line if you aren’t familiar with Facebook. This will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Sundays.
- The Facebook Live stream will be available on the Forney church of Christ Facebook page and will be shared to the group as well. We hope you’ll join live, but it will be available afterward, as well.
- To call in and listen to the sermon live, call 346-248-7799 and use meeting ID 883 977 6879#
- The sermon will also be recorded and uploaded to the church website’s “Sermons” page.
- The Lord’s Supper
- As mentioned, a brief thought will be shared on the live stream/conference call.
- We have a number of individually packaged wafer/juice combos available. To pick some up, contact Jack at 720-301-9776.
- Making or buying your own communion bread and buying some grape juice is an option, as well. (Recipe for homemade available here.)
- We understand that these are tough times for some. However, if you are able we hope you’ll remember to share your contribution. You can do so either by mail, by dropping it off, or by having it picked up. (Call Jack to schedule a time for drop off/pick up.)
- The mailing address is PO Box 245 Forney, TX 75126USA
- We’re working to set up an online giving option. Once that information is available we’ll share it.
Wednesday Night Study
- Wednesday night studies will be conducted at 6 pm via Zoom (an interactive video chat software). We’ll post the link in the church Facebook group. Let us know if you would like to have it emailed to you.
- A church family prayer list is given below, providing a schedule by which we can keep our church family in our thoughts and prayers.
- If you need groceries or medicines picked up, or if you need help in any way, please contact one of the elders or Jack. We want to make sure our own are taken care of during this time.
- Please remember to pray for the world, our government, and our church at this time.